Our Mission Statement
At Wilderness Ministries we are called to disciple and train by the teaching of God’s word, those committed to exercising their faith in sacrificial service to others as unto Jesus Christ.
The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert A highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth;The glory of the Lord shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together;For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” ISAIAH 40:3-5
What we Believe
- We believe that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 3:16-17)
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death through his shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and his personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the present indwelling of the Holy Spirit which enables the Christian to live a Godly life. We affirm that the Holy Spirit provides one or more spiritual gifts to all believers, manifesting them as He wills. We affirm that all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative today. (Acts 1:4-8 and 2:4)
- Humankind was created in the image of God to know and enjoy Him, yet we willfully rejected the Lordship and glory of God for which we were intended. Because of this, sickness, death and judgment entered the world and now creation experiences the effects and consequences of sin.
- The Bible to be the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith in Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:1-10)
- We believe in the Christian’s water baptism by immersion in obedience and surrender to Jesus Christ. (Matthew 3:11)
- We believe in the sanctity of human life and that life begins at the moment of conception.
- Heaven and hell are real places. There will be a resurrection of the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting death.
- We affirm chastity for Christian single men and women; and the sacredness of marriage. We define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. (Genesis 2:24, Leviticus 18:22)
- The outward evidence of salvation to all men is a life of righteousness and true holiness. (Ephesians 4:24)